The Rise of the CBD Industry
With the rise of CBD products including oil, gummies, vape, and other CBD infused products, there seems to be a disconnect in the marketplace as to what companies are honest, reliable, and make a quality product. This database of CBD Companies hopes to bridge the gap between consumers and the vendors in the industry by offering fair reviews and providing what the consumer can expect to get out of these CBD companies. Our Best CBD Company Directory is constantly updated as we hear about new companies offering CBD products. Contact us to add yours.
CBD or Cannabidiol is one of the main chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant. It was known before as a toxic compound but after a series of clinical trials, it has been proven to possess a variety of valuable therapeutic qualities.
Due to its success in treating a young girl’s epileptic seizures last 2013, the CBD industry has boomed and the demand for CBD products skyrocketed in the recent years. Aside from local distributors, CBD based products can also be bought legally online which made it more accessible to customers all over the world. Several online distributors of CBD products have popped up recently which made competition between them a little tight. They predict that sooner, most of the white-labeling companies will quit, leaving the devoted ones to thrive. The surviving ones will back their products with science which will make their company’s foundation stronger.
Things to consider before buying CBD
Before buying any CBD product, try asking yourself first with these questions.
- Purpose of CBD – Is it for therapeutic, recreation or dietary supplementation purposes?
- Strength or budget – Do you want a stronger dose for an expensive price or smaller dose for a cheaper price?
- Dosage – The suggested serving size of CBD is 25mg twice a day. Do you need more or less?
- Discretion – Do you need more discreet CBD products? This depends on your lifestyle.
- CBD form – Do you want an organic, raw CBD or a product that is ready-to-use?
List Of All CBD Companies
Best CBD Edibles (Gummies) Companies
CBD Infusionz – Offering a wide assortment of flavors and textures of CBD gummies, CBD Infusionz will be sure to meet your needs. Packing 5MG of CBD in each gummy and each order is sent with a certificate.
Recommendation: Try the Triple Layer Bears – Use Coupon Code: REVIEWSTER30% to Take 30% off your 1st order.
Best CBD Tincture Companies
Kono Naturals – Kono Naturals is special because they are sustainable, pure, and organic. They follow a unique farming method you can read about in depth here in their process page. In short, it is the whole plant method which is the least harmful to the environment. They also do not use any unnatural pesticides or chemicals in cultivation or extraction.
Best CBD Oil Companies
Populum – Using 100% US grown hemp, Populum offers a premium hemp CBD oil supplement that comes in a subtle and delicious orange flavor. Focused on best-in-class quality & customer service, Populum is proud to offer the industries first truly risk-free 30-day trial. Try Populum’s most popular product, the Signature 500, with a 10% off coupon. Populum coupon code: TRYPOPULUM10
- NuLeaf Naturals – USE COUPON CODE CBD10 to save 10% On All Products – A great company based out of Denver Colorado, their CBD products are top of the line. They are in line with all requirements listed above, but specifically, their product is superb. Main product: High-Grade CBD Oil
- Bio CBD Plus – Bio CBD Plus is known for its innovative ways of creating CBD products. Their water-soluble CBD is easily absorbed by the body and is specially blended with ayurvedic herbs making their healing properties one step higher. Their products are also all-natural. They don’t use coloring, flavoring, extenders, solvents or GMOs.
- Bluebird Botanicals – 20% OFF your first retail order – use coupon code “firsttime” at checkout Their specialty is blending CBD oil with super-foods and supplements. You can see their love for Mother Nature as they use biodegradable and recyclable materials in their packaging. I also love their refund policy where you get your money back if you’re not satisfied with their product.
- Cannadiol – This company produces excellent CBD oil supplements. Although, I think that they are white-labeling since their products and packaging are similar to Hemp Meds and Plus CBD Oil products.
- CW Botanicals – Their CBD oil products are more affordable compared to others which cost between $50 and $995. I like the creative range of flavors their supplements have because they make them easier to take even for children.
- Elixinol – They are known as bulk sellers of high-quality CBD oils from industrial hemp. They also focus on growing hemp plants on specific locations in Northern Europe and employ a superior method in extracting CBD oil.
- Endoca – Their CBD oils are of the finest quality, most concentrated and organic. They grow their hemp plants in Scandinavia without the use of pesticides and herbicides.
- Entourage Hemp – Their premium quality CBD oil products are free from glycerine, emulsifiers, and sweeteners.
- Green Garden Gold – This company specializes in incorporating CBD oil in any product, from peanut butter and even to dog treats. They also have high-quality CBD drops and vaporizers which uses 100% pure and organic CBD oil.
- Pure CBD Vapors – Their company has a wide variety of the finest CBD-related e-liquids from companies such as Vape Bright, Entourage, iPuff, and much more. All products carried in Pure CBD Vapors have been laboratory tested which gives an assurance of quality.
- Vape Bright – They only have one product, Thrive. For me, Thrive is the best CBD vape cartridge since it has no restrictions in terms of flavor and excitement. Its delivery device is also potent, giving the user 1mg CBD per inhalation which makes it more than just a recreational thing.
- CannaWell EU These are the official bluebird distributors for Europe! If you’re looking to get European CBD this is the place. Same exact product as the bluebird, just for the EU.
- Populum Coupon Code 10% OFF – LUVREDDIT10 A great company from Texas that offers a product promised to be pure as can be. Their results for testing are nice, their product has great quality, and they uphold high morals. [Tincture](2m8pUS6)
- Receptra Naturals Coupon Code 15% OFF – redditCBD Colorado-based company Receptra Naturals offers some of the best CBD products. With above standard testing done on each batch, the product is proven to be pure as possible. Locally sourced from our family-owned farms in Colorado.
- Lazarus Naturals Coupon Code 10% OFF – reddit10 One of the oldest and best CBD producers on the West Coast. They have every type of CBD product and even RSO oil.
- Ambary Gardens Another great Colorado company. Their product speaks for itself and is highly effective. At the moment they have been having issues with credit card processors and can only take payment over the phone. But they still ship and deliver a great product.
- The CBDistillery One of the highest-rated CBD vendors out of Denver. Known for their slabs of crystal CBD isolate and great prices.
- Green Mountain CBD Vermont based hemp growers.
- Palmetto Harmony [COUPON CODE]:redditcbd 10% OFF ENTIRE ORDER High prices but great feedback from the other mods.
- Folium Biosciences They are an industry leader for B2B CBD sales. Wholesaling and bulk. If you want to start a CBD company, source it from here. They are high quality and provide REAL medicine.
What is CBD?
The cannabis plant contains plenty of cannabinoids. One of them is the cannabidiol or CBD. It has a lot of therapeutic benefits and non-psychoactive compared to the more famous tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). CBD does not give the feeling of being stoned unlike THC and makes us feel relaxed rather than intoxicated.
CBD is often overlooked before due to the popularity of the other compound THC. In the present, the use of CBD became a mainstream option for patients seeking relief from pain, seizures, psychosis and other medical conditions that can be treated by medical marijuana.
What are the sources of CBD?
CBD is extracted mainly from the cannabis plant, commonly known as marijuana or hemp. There are several varieties of the cannabis plant: Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, and Cannabis ruderalis. There are 85 cannabinoids that can be found in any cannabis plant. THC is the most abundant compound followed by CBD which comprises 40% of its extracts. CBD must first be isolated from THC to avoid its psychoactive effects. Here are some cannabis strains that are rich in CBD.
- Charlotte’s Web
- CBD Critical Cure
- Sour Tsunami
Although these strains are known to contain high CBD compounds, they still have THC content and must be isolated first before using.
If you don’t have access to cannabis plants, you can still buy organic CBD extract from local distributors. Extracted CBD are commonly in oil form but some distributors preserve it in capsule form.
CBD vs. THC
Although CBD and THC are both cannabinoids abundantly found in the cannabis plant, they vary greatly in terms of their effects on the human body.
- The High
THC is the major psychoactive component of cannabis. On the other hand, CBD is non-psychoactive and cannot make you high, unlike THC. The psychoactive effects of THC made it more appealing to recreational users while CBD is well-known for its therapeutic benefits. CBD can even be used as a treatment for some medical conditions in children due to its safety.
CBD is known to counter the negative effects of THC. While THC is anxiety-inducing, CBD causes the opposite effect. When administered alone, CBD can also help reduce anxiety and the feeling of being paranoid.
CBD is famous for its antipsychotic properties. CBD can help protect and regulate the psychotic effects of THC and is already being tested as an antipsychotic remedy for patients suffering from schizophrenia.
CBD promotes wakefulness to its user while THC is the number one responsible for the sleep-inducing effects of marijuana. When choosing a cannabis extract as a sleep-aid, look for the one which has lesser CBD content.
What conditions are helped by CBD?
The CBD is unbelievably helpful when it comes to treating medical conditions. It takes its effect on the body in different ways a once which makes it difficult to study. Medical marijuana patients seek the help of CBD due to these conditions:
- Motor disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pediatric issues (autism, epilepsy, etc.)
- Schizophrenia and Psychotic disorders
The History of CBD
The use of Cannabis has both a religious and medical purpose across cultures. It has recently gained popularity due to the advent of the internet especially social media sites. But this phenomenon of Cannabis use is not a new trend. It is known to be a focal element in religious traditions and other rituals not only in the west but also in the Orient where it is natively found. Because for other ancient culture the plant or its essence is the pathway towards their god, thus it plays a role also in their curing of diseases and meditations.
- Small Beginnings
The earliest evidence of the use of Cannabis is circa 2900 BC. It was in the court of a Chinese emperor that the use of cannabis was described as a popular medicine having to possess both yin and yang. Its healing properties were discovered together with ginseng as herbal medicinal plants. Later it was officially added in the royal pharmacopeia, the Rh-Ya, as official medicine. The plant was also thought to be mentioned in the Vedas, a Hindu sacred text also called ganja. It was used in rituals to induce trance and also to calm a patient. It was recorded that it was widely used as a cure for leprosy and has anti-phlegmatic properties. On different historical record cannabis extract was a household medicine used to lower fever, induce sleep, and cure dysentery. It was also known to be used by local healers to stimulate appetite if a person has an appetite for food.
- CBD In Mediterranean culture
Cannabis has been historically known as a remedy for inflammation, even gout, and rheumatism. It was stated that the extracts from a cannabis plant suppress sexual longing and earache, also boiling cannabis plant roots are said to be an effective remedy for gout and can be used as a natural and organic painkiller, it is also used as an anesthetic.
- CBD In western and European cultures
Cannabis was prescribed as a cure for depression in the early 1600s. The French used it as a sedative used for medical purposes. Even Queen Victoria was reportedly introduced to medical cannabis extract to aid her in menstrual cramps, muscle spasms and a variety of ailments. It was known to be administered by mouth. Early Medicine in Europe also used medical cannabis to induce childbirth, it was said that extract from cannabis promotes uterine contractions. In the mid-1800s, it is interesting to note that medical practitioners were open to the notion that cannabis may be used to treat addictions such as alcoholism and opiate addiction, and even insanity. It was also used to treat asthma since it has a calming effect on a person, thus helps in keeping rhythmic breathing in patients with asthma and cough.
- Medical Marijuana Now
Although by 1911, the first action to outlaw the use of cannabis was enacted as a federal law in the US, by 1930s there remains some medical brand that continuously sells cannabis extract, carefully branded as a non-toxic and non-poisonous medicine according to the court of law as it should. Now medical marijuana has been widely accepted as a medicine for various illnesses, though there remain many countries banning the use of marijuana even as medicine the medical and scientific research are daily unfolding and discovering the many benefits of cannabis not just as a recreational drug.
Legality of CBD
The current status of CBD in terms of its legality is still confusing. Its legality depends on your location and where it came from.
You don’t have to worry if you live in the US since the legalities there are clear. It is legal to buy and use CBD from industrial hemp. However, if you are using CBD from medical marijuana, you must be in a state where the use of medical marijuana has also been legalized.
For countries outside the US, there are variations in legalities. To be sure if the use of CBD is legal in your area, you must first consult your country’s customs department.
Types Of Products Containing CBD
CBD can be supplied in different forms. It can be sold as a plain, raw product and can also be distributed as ready-to-use products such as medicines and cosmetics.
- Raw material – CBD raw materials are commonly sold to manufacture other CBD-containing products with various uses. The most common CBD raw materials for sale are cannabis buds that contain high CBD and CBD pastes or extracts.
- Medicinal products – These are CBD-containing products that are intended mainly for medical purposes and have proven therapeutic effects. They need authorization before they can be distributed in the market.
- Foodstuffs – These refer to CBD-enriched foods that are tried and tested to be safe for consumption. A few examples are hemp seed oil enriched with CBD and food supplements with CBD.
- Cosmetics – If you want to feel the benefits of CBD in little amounts, there are already cosmetics that contain CBD in their ingredients.
- Utility articles – E-cigarettes are in nowadays. You can now smoke CBD-containing liquids in your cigarettes and feel its benefits without the high.
- Chemicals – These products are packaged and labeled accordingly on the Chemicals Ordinance. They can be sold legally as CBD-containing scented oils.
- Tobacco substitute – CBD-containing tobacco substitutes are considered legal provided that they have low THC content which is less than 1% of the total THC content.
Be notified about new posts
Sign up with your email for our newsletter and be notified when we publish new blog posts. Don’t miss valuable advices.