What to Know Before You Buy Water-Soluble CBD Powder
With all the forms of CBD now available, from gummies to coffee to water, CBD powder offers one of the simplest and most versatile options–and often, one of the most cost-effective. Here’s what you need to know before you buy.
First Off, What is CBD Powder?
CBD powder is produced when CBD is extracted from the hemp plant, purified, dried, and processed to a fine powder. In most cases, only the CBD is extracted, and all other components of the plant are removed–resulting in an extremely pure concentration of CBD known as CBD isolate.
If you’re interested in getting the purest form of CBD, CBD isolate powders are an excellent option. Because they’re 99-100% CBD and nothing more, high-quality isolate powders give you the advantage of consistent product experience. You can count on them working for you, in the same way, every time you take them.
See Also: King Kalm CBD Review & Promo Codes
Some CBD powders may be labeled “broad spectrum” and contain other extracts from the hemp plant, including terpenes, fatty acids, and other cannabinoids. The goal is to boost the compound’s beneficial actions, via a process known as the entourage effect. However, it’s important to understand that the term “broad spectrum” isn’t standardized, so a broad spectrum powder’s composition and effects can vary with the manufacturer, and sometimes even the batch. If you choose a broad-spectrum product, make sure to check that the manufacturer has provided test results confirming its composition and purity, as well as ensuring it’s completely free of THC.
See Also: Kratom Being Used for Opiate Self-Detox?
Most CBD powders are also formulated with a process that makes them highly water-soluble, so they can quickly dissolve in any food or beverage. Not only does this step make them more versatile and easy to use, but it also ensures they are much more bioavailable–that is, better able to be absorbed by the body.
Why does bioavailability matter? CBD can be tough to absorb since it’s an oily substance; our bodies are over 60 percent water, and oil and water don’t mix. The more bioavailable your CBD powder is, the more confident you can bet that you’re absorbing all the CBD you’re taking (and paying for). In a study conducted at Colorado State University, one brand of CBD powder, Caliper CBD, was shown to be 4.5 times more bioavailable than standard CBD oils.
Best Water-Soluble CBD Powder Products To Use In 2020
You would come across many epilators in the market but choosing the right epilator is all that matters to get the best results. Understanding the features of epilators and then choosing the right one for oneself is of prime importance. In this article, we have put together a list of the 10 best epilators available in the market to help you make an informed choice. While preparing our list we have taken into consideration the following important aspects:-
- Special features
- Speed of epilating
- The width of the head
- Overall performance and design
We haven’t kept a ceiling in terms of the price but have ensured to include products from both the economic and the expensive categories.
What To Look For In A Quality CBD Powder
CBD powders may look alike but differ widely in their properties–so take the time to compare different brands. Here are a few points to consider:
- Safe Sourcing and Testing. Before you buy CBD powder (or any CBD product), read the label to make sure its ingredients are clearly labeled. Look for brands that only use U.S. grown hemp and certify that they have been third-party tested for pesticide residues, heavy metals, and microbial contaminants.
- Clear labeling. Hemp is a complex plant, so simply labeling a product “hemp extract” doesn’t tell you how much CBD or other cannabinoids it contains. Make sure the ingredients in your CBD are clearly spelled out on the product label, along with their precise amounts.
- Taste. Most CBD powders are virtually tasteless–especially isolates. But some can have a pronounced “green” taste and slight odor, which might clash with whatever you’re mixing them with. Look for brands that are virtually tasteless, so they’re easy to integrate into any food or beverage.
- Calories/Sweeteners. Some CBD powders may have sweeteners or flavorings added; be sure to check the label and know what you’re getting (including calories). Sweetened or flavored CBD powders might taste better straight, but they limit your versatility when adding to foods or drinks. An unflavored, unsweetened brand gives you the most choices.
- Dissolvability. CBD powders may all look similar–but mix them into a liquid, and you’ll see some clear differences. Some may simply float on the top; others may sink to the bottom and require a lot of stirring to dissolve. Compare brands and choose ones that dissolve quickly and cleanly, so you can be sure the CBD is evenly distributed throughout and the amount you get is consistent.
- Easy dosing. Being able to measure out your CBD powder accurately is also important to ensure you get a consistent dose. Some CBD powders come with measuring spoons or scoops, which can sometimes be confusing to use. Single-dose packets can eliminate this issue with a precisely measured dose.
Once you’ve chosen the CBD powder you prefer, you can experiment a little to determine the dose that works best for you–and eventually, regularly enjoy the benefits of one of the most convenient and versatile ways to bring CBD into your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose CBD powder?
One of the biggest reasons to choose CBD powder over other forms is that it’s so easy to incorporate into your life. A high-quality, water-soluble CBD powder can mix smoothly into anything you’re eating and drinking without a noticeable taste or texture change. Unlike CBD oils, CBD powder doesn’t leave an oily residue or “floaties” on the surface of a beverage, and it doesn’t need to be placed under your tongue like a tincture does.
CBD powder is also light and easy to carry around–especially brands that offer convenient single-dose packets that you can use like sugar packets. CBD powder doesn’t freeze or thicken with cold temperatures like oils do, or melt in the heat like some gummies. It can go anywhere you go.
Another big selling point is price: In general, CBD powders, especially isolates, tend to cost a little less than a tincture or oil containing the same amount of CBD.
Best Ways To use CBD Powder
CBD powder, especially if it’s water-soluble, offers you lots of possibilities. Stir it into your morning coffee or tea, or whirl it into a smoothie. Add it to your water bottle to enhance your walk or workday, or enjoy it post-workout in an electrolyte drink. And, because it contains no THC, CBD powder mixes well equally well with cocktails and mocktails. You can add it to your cooking and baking without changing anything else in the recipe.
How To Buy CBD Powder?
Currently, you can buy CBD powders in CBD stores–and, depending on your state, in your local drugstore, natural foods store, or even gas station. But no matter what state you live in, ordering online is often the most convenient option: While state and federal rules around CBD are still a bit murky, the 2018 Farm Bill gives clearance for hemp-based products to be legally shipped to all 50 states.