No need to pay hundreds of dollars to have an air tech clean your dryer vents. As long as you have a vacuum cleaner you can clean your own vents for under $30 but choosing of the recommended dryer vent cleaning kits that we have reviewed below.
Why Clean A Dryer Vent?
If you don’t clean out your dryer ducts at least once a year you will have an increased chance of having a fire in an unexpected place. Yes, there are on average about 2900 fires due to a clogged air vent or a poorly maintained one. Also, you will notice that your clothes stay wet or you need to put them through 2 or 3 drying cycles before they are fully dry. I noticed this in my dryer sometime last year and found out that it was due to my vent getting backed up with lint. I do regularly clean out my link trap before each cycle, but lint still finds its way through to the vent and over time it starts to clog, especially in any bends in the vent. This is when I stumbled across DIY cleaning kits. So $30 and 1 hour later I had my ducts cleaned out like a pro.
How Do Dryer Vent Cleaning Kits Work?
Most kits will come with 2 or 3 flexible poles that screw onto each other for length. Then screw on the top which is a cleaning brush that does all the work of getting into the nooks and crannies of your vent to remove the lint. When attached to any standard vacuum cleaner the polls will spin the brush and you just gently glide the pole up and down or back and forth inside your vent to loosen and suck up the lint. That’s about it. Just be careful and take your time so you don’t damage the vent. If you do, that’s another can of worms to fix. But for now, take a look at these recommended Dryer vent cleaning kits that you can pick up on Amazon.
Holikme 30 Feet Dryer Vent Cleaning Brush, Lint Remover, Extends Up to 30 Feet, Synthetic Brush Head, Use with or Without a Power Drill
$29.95 in stock
2 used from $28.45
- * * ✔Up to 30 feet. Includes one high quality synthetic brush head and 18 piece flexible durable rods that extend up to 30 feet
- * * ✔Easy to use with simple instructions: dryer vent brush can be used with or without any kind of power drill and will help you achieve professional results
- * * ✔Improve Dryer Working Efficiency: Improving cloth dryer working performance by using this brush to cleaning the build up lint and dust in dryer vent, duct and exhaust port.
- * * ✔Save Your Money：No need to pay a professional service cost $150 per cleaning when you buy our Dryer duct Cleaning Kit .
- * * ✔ Preventing fire risks: Lint buildup can be dangerous and failure to clean it is the leading cause of clothes dryer fires. So remove the lint periodically is the only way to prevent dryer fires risk.