With summer months just around the corner, it is the perfect time to introduce your children to the amazing game of golf. But what’s the right place to start?
Currently, there’s a wide range of golf sets available that include all the necessary tools needed by a beginner to build a foundation that will easily take them through all their golfing days.
From irons with durable graphite shafts to woods with the right loft for quicker and lighter swings, the right golf club will help kids fall in love with this amazing game. To make the decision easier, the following are reviews of six of the best golf clubs available for kids today:
Confidence Junior Golf Club Set with Stand Bag Review
Taking into account regular use, the Confidence Junior is designed with lofted hybrid iron material. This helps develop the right flight, resulting in a superior trajectory as well. This gold clubs set is available in two sizes: one suitable for children between 4 and 7 years old, and the other for children between 8 and 12 years of age.
This set further comes with two iron clubs, one putter, and one fairway wood one. The iron club features a low center of gravity, making the game much more fun for children. The clubs are also incredibly lightweight, durable, and are enclosed well, making them perfect for regular use.
The bag is designed with a double shoulder strap and is extremely resistant. Available in both left and right versions, this set has a very affordable price, so it won’t hurt to give it a try!
- Incredibly comfortable dual harness strap
- Will meet all the versatile needs of a junior golfer
- Comes with a rain hoodie
- High-quality material at an affordable price
- Heavier than other models
- Fitting it properly can be a bit difficult
Callaway Boys XJ Hot Junior Kids Golf Club Set Review
If you want to gift something interesting to your sporty kids, then you’ll be hard-pressed to find something better than the Callaway XJ Kids Golf Club set. Callaway already has an exceptional reputation when it comes to golf clubs for adults, so choosing their children’s golf clubs will surely be a safe investment.
Arguably, the best thing about this set is that it’s designed for both girls and boys, making it the perfect option for all kids. It’s also designed for two different age groups: the youth golf clubs are suitable for children between the ages of 8 and 12, and the toddler golf clubs for kids between 5 and 8 years of age.
All seven golf clubs included in the set are equipped with an overriding theme that beautifully showcases the outstanding performance they deliver. The best part about the unit is the driver that provides a reasonable distance and consistency off the tee. The included two-ball Odyssey putter will further help kids achieve the right ball alignment and correct balance when putting.
- Lightweight and comfortable to use
- Stylish carrier bag
- Cavity-back and hybrid irons ensure durability and longevity
- Classic Odyssey putter can fit in any golf bag
- Large driver delivers exceptional performance and great distance
- A bit expensive
Nitro Blaster Golf Club Set Review
Perfect for golfers around 10 years of age, this set provides all the essential clubs needed to get your child on the golf course immediately.
The included driver measures 16-degrees and features a wide sweet spot that keeps the ball straight with remarkable forgiveness while assuring solid contact at the same time. It also includes a 25-degree hybrid with an offset look. The kids that used the hybrid loved hitting the club and were extremely happy with the club’s feel at impact.
The set further includes a 9 and 7-iron, both perimeter-weighted and designed with large soles. They help cut into the turf, allowing the ball to find the sweet spot of the club. Both irons are also graphite-shafted and allow stronger golfers to achieve stunning swing speed.
Featuring an offset face, the T-shaped putter is arguably, the best club in the set. Its unique design ensures a solid feel throughout the stroke that will certainly delight your golf-loving kids.
Moreover, the set comes with a solidly-built stand bag and 2 headcovers for the woods. The bag protects the clubs and does not stress the shoulders and back of junior golfers.
However, one major disadvantage of this set is that it’s a bit too small. While this has helped reduce its cost, the lack of a wedge will force most parents to go to the store and purchase one for their little golfer.
All in all, if your child is interested in golf, and you want them to get started immediately, then the Nitro Blaster is an excellent introduction to the beautiful outdoor game.
- Kids will love the offset and shape of the unique putter
- Lightweight woods will allow weaker golfers to achieve quick swing speed
- Perimeter-weighted irons are dependable and forgiving
- Number of clubs could be increased
Wilson Profile Junior Golf Set Review
Featuring two kinds of wood, the Wilson Profile set includes an incredible hybrid and driver duo that allows golfers to achieve swings of every speed while boosting shot height and distance. Although the clubhead of the driver is a bit smaller than other models, it still ensures quality contact in every swing. The loft on the club is not provided by Wilson, but it can be estimated to stand around 15-degrees.
The second wood is also a hybrid, has a beautifully classic look with a quality finish, and stands around 25-degrees. Designed with a flatter sole, it stays low to the ground, allowing young golfers to play shots using a tee or off the grass.
The irons are also different than other models, in the sense that the set includes three of them, and that Wilson has stopped labeling their clubs with numbers. Instead, the company has started using designations, such as ‘Short Iron,’ ‘Wedge,’ and ‘Long Iron.’
The Long Iron is similar to a 7-iron and delivers a solid pop if hit in the club face’s center. Similarly, the Short Iron can be translated into a 9-iron in loft, giving junior golfers exceptional height on shots that result in a soft landing on the grass.
Lastly, we loved the fact that the set came with a wedge. It’s crucial to ensure that your child feels comfortable using a wedge as most scoring is based on strong wedge work around the grass. A stand bag with a padded top and strong legs further completes the set. While the bag effectively protects the clubs, a rain hood could have been included. However, being an incredible set for young golfers with some experience on the course, there’s very little to complain about.
- Exceptional quality of woods and irons
- An additional wedge is incredibly useful for experienced junior golfers
- Dependable stand bag allows easy carrying of clubs
- Does not come with a detachable rain hood
Precise X7 Junior Complete Golf Club Set Review
Featuring woods with two incredible features (graphite shafts and large sweet spots), the Precise X7 helps build distance and speed in the swing as the golfer’s confidence grows. The driver features a 15-degree loft, and while this is usually found on a 3-wood in an adult set, this loft has been selected to help kids generate a high flight path on drives.
The driver also has a large sweet spot that ensures that the club holds a line in off-center strikes as well. This creates exceptional distance and reduces sidespin, giving young golfers the chance to learn and grow.
The second wood is a 22-degree hybrid that is designed with a large, accommodating clubface and a graphite shaft for solid contact. Most manufacturers either add another bulky wood or don’t include the hybrid altogether. However, this hybrid is better than its competitors as it is more natural to hit and provides excellent contact, making it the perfect introductory club for beginners and kids.
But this set is truly highlighted because of its two irons. It comes with a perimeter weighted 6/7 iron for exceptional contact throughout the entire impact zone and a 9/PW iron that gives the loft needed by the child around the green. Both irons are also graphite-shafted and swing incredibly well for a children’s golf club set. The response of the irons to off-center strikes was extremely impressive as well.
Lastly, the set is completed with a mallet putter that’s equipped with a synthetic insert on the clubface, allowing pure rolling on the golf course. The set also comes with a shoulder-strapped stand bag that’s extremely lightweight and won’t put pressure on the shoulders of your young golfer. It also includes headcovers for the driver and a detachable rain hood that keeps your clubs safe and dry.
To put it simply, the Precise X7 is an ideal set for beginners who have built some strength and are ready to start shooting balls down the fairway.
- High quality, lightweight stand bag won’t burden your kid’s shoulders and back
- Woods are designed with the right loft for maximum distance and ball height
- Mallet-style putter provides solid contact on every putt
- Number of clubs could be increased
Young Gun ZAAP Eagle Junior Golf Club Set Review
The Young Gun ZAAP Eagle doesn’t include much, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. This unit is ideal for true beginners, or in other words, children who have never held a golf club. There are several different options designed for specific age groups, so make sure you choose one that suits your child’s needs.
The unit includes a large 18-degree driver with a loft that’s perfect for beginners. The driver is also lightweight, easy to swing, and graphite-shafted, making it an ideal starter for this set.
The club has an extremely natural feel and an impressive response when the ball hits the sweet spot. Next, the set only includes a single 7-iron. This perimeter-weighted, wind-soled iron is designed with a cavity-backed appearance that keeps the ball straight, no matter what the swing speed of the beginner is. Moreover, the club’s sole moves through the grass admirably and ensures solid contact.
Young Gun completes the trio with a mallet-style putter. This putter helps maintain solid balance throughout the entire stroke, enabling kids to enjoy from several different distances.
The main disadvantage of this set is a bit obvious, and that’s the overall lack of depth. Equipped with only three clubs, this unit is a nice and inexpensive way to get your child started with golf, but you’re going to need to purchase additional equipment if you want your child to continue their development and progression.
In conclusion, this set is perfect for kids who have never played golf before. It’s a nice three-piece collection that gives a wonderful introduction to the game and allows your child to solely focus on developing and improving their swing.
- Large sweet spot of the driver gets the ball far down the fairway
- Iron has a solid feel, a wide sole, and a low center of gravity
- Putter maintains balance and the large clubface keeps the ball moving after impact
- Other clubs will need to be purchased
The golf club market for kids is incredibly large, and choosing the right set can be an extremely difficult and confusing decision for golfing parents. Hopefully, the aforementioned reviews will make this decision easier and will help you find a unit that will ensure an enjoyable introduction to the world of junior golf. The right golf club can allow your young player to swing with confidence and comfort so that one day he can become the next Tiger Woods!
Precise X7 Junior Complete Golf Club Set for Children Kids - 3 Age Groups Boys & Girls - Right Hand...
- HIGH-LOFTED CLUBS ARE EASIER TO HIT!
- INCLUDES A JUNIOR HYBRID WOOD!
- ULTRALITE JUNIOR FLEX GRAPHITE SHAFTS ON ALL CLUBS!
- LIGHTWEIGHT JUNIOR GOLF BAG WITH STAND!
- DUAL STRAPS FOR BAG ALLOWS IT TO BE CARRIED LIKE A BACKPACK!
4 used from $96.41
- Custom fit in a box System
- Driver designed specifically for a junior length, weight and flex
- Long and short cavity iron with a Large sweet spot design
- Durable carry stand bag with adjustable double shoulder strap
- 9 pieces include driver, Hybrid, long iron, short iron, wedge, putter, bag & 2 headcovers
3 used from $135.22
- Engineered with Super Game Improvement technology to enhance new Junior golfer experience
- Weight is positioned very low in this oversized junior driver to help launch the ball for a better ball flight off the tee
- The easy to hit hybrid features a large sweet spot for accurate shots from the fairway and rough
- Two game improvement irons featuring large hittable faces provide forgiveness for developing swing speeds
2 used from $54.14
- Right handed clubs
- Includes; driver, 2 irons, and putter
- All graphite shafts
- Nitro Mallet Pro putter
- Nitro junior Sling golf bag
- Includes driver/ fairway 3 wood (36") with extra loft for easy hitting
- 7 iron (30"), 9 iron (29") with graphite shafts, soft wrap grips, forgiving sweet spots
- Comes with a white ball putter; 27.5 inches
- Stand Bag: DELUXE junior stand bag with double shoulder strap, 4 way divider, 4 exterior pockets, umbrella holder, Velcro glove tab & rain hood.
- For Boys & Girls between 4-7 years of age and up to 4'6" in height (54")
Our roundup of the best golf club sets we found for kids this year.
Be notified about new posts
Sign up with your email for our newsletter and be notified when we publish new blog posts. Don’t miss valuable advices.