- 1 What is metal garden hose?
- 2 Top 5 Garden Hose Reviews of 2019
- 3 Cesun 50 Feet 304 Stainless Steel Metal Garden Hose with Solid Brass Nozzle, Lightweight Portable Durable Cool to The Touch, Flexible and No Kink, Tangle Puncture Resistant (50 Feet Upgraded)
- 4 TheFitLife Flexible Metal Garden Hose - 25/50/75/100 FT 304 Stainless Steel Water Hose with Newest Spray Nozzle and Solid Metal Fittings, Lightweight, Kink Free, Durable and Easy to Store (25 Feet)
- 5 Metal Garden Hose Buying Guide
- 6 What size is best?
- 7 What is the diameter of a metal garden host? Do they provide great water flow rate?
- 8 Are metal hoses safe for drinking from?
- 9 How much pressure do metal hoses hold?
- 10 What kind of stainless steel is used on a metal hose?
- 11 Connecting to other hose types
- 12 How does it behave in hot summer days?
- 13 How does it behave in cold winter days?
- 14 How much does a metal garden hose cost?
- 15 Final thoughts
What is metal garden hose?
Metal garden hoses are made to be durable and kink-free. They have inner water hoses that are protected by strong outer shells. The outer shells are made from super durable stainless steel that resists punctures and breakages.
Metal garden hoses address issues like kinks, tangles and holes that constantly occur on regular garden hoses. They are safe against animal bites, wear and tear. Moreover, The steel construction technology allows them coiling perfectly each time and knocks out kinks completely, and thus you will find the water flow always being at its strongest. You will also find please to drag them around your garden and flowerbeds as they are lighter than regular rubber hoses and stronger than expandable hoses.
Top 5 Garden Hose Reviews of 2019
Cesun 304 Stainless Steel Garden Hose Review
The Cesun Stainless Steel Hose is lightweight and resists kinks, it’s very easy to use and maneuver around garden, backyards and flowerbed. The hose is made from 304-grade stainless steel that contains both chromium and nickel, elements designed to resist corrosions and rusts. Additionally, the brass fittings do not get stuck in the water tap like aluminum fittings do.
Cesun hose has unique 3, 5, 10-feet short metal leader hoses along with regular 25, 50, 75 and 100-feet hoses. All the hoses can connect to a different one without extra connectors, gives you more flexibility for the pipe length. It can work under high water pressure up to 1 MPa.
The stainless-steel layer covers and protects inner rubber hose against UV and punctures effectively, which promotes a longer lifespan. The diameter of the inner rubber hose introduces a longer spray stream, especially when it’s equipped with the solid brass nozzle that comes free with hoses over 25 feet.
Free of kink and tanlge
Corrosion, rust resistance
Long spray stream
Cesun 50 Feet 304 Stainless Steel Metal Garden Hose with Solid Brass Nozzle, Lightweight Portable Durable Cool to The Touch, Flexible and No Kink, Tangle Puncture Resistant (50 Feet Upgraded)
1 used from $30.68
- Lightweight & Ultra Flexible; strong enough to move through the thorny bushes; guaranteed to work at 1 MPa water pressure
- Exterior shell is made of the premium 304 stainless steel - 16 Gauge - 3/8'' ID 5/8'' OD; Corrosion-Resistant and Rust-Proof; Lead / BPA / Phthalates free, drinking water safe
- NO matter what length it is, two or more can be integrated into one to meet your longer requirement; support varying nozzles for multiple purposes; comes with a free Solid Brass Nozzle
- Puncture Proof, Dog Chew Proof, Thorn Proof, Tear Proof, Weather Proof, Kink Proof; but do NOT try to run over it with wheels
- 100% WARRANTY COVERED - 30-Day Money Back Guarantee for All items bought from Cesun's store; 12-Month Replacement Warranty, 7/24 Online Customer Service, Lifetime Technical Support Guarantee.
TheFitLife Flexible Metal Garden Hose - 25/50/75/100 FT 304 Stainless Steel Water Hose with Newest Spray Nozzle and Solid Metal Fittings, Lightweight, Kink Free, Durable and Easy to Store (25 Feet)
$29.34 in stock
- FLEXIBLE, TYPICALLY KINK-FREE AND TANGLE-FREE: They're only capable of bending so much, they're virtually incapable of tangling and kinking, which is a great advantage over other types of hoses if you have to transport your hose quite often. This makes them easy to use, easy to attach to your faucet, and easy to wind back in and store after you're done with them.
- COILS PERFECTLY AND UNREELS : Guaranteed puncture proof! Super strong spiroshield technology provides an outer shell that is built to last! The metal garden hose with spiroshield technology coils perfectly every time and practically unreels itself.
- SUPREME DURABILITY, NEVER TEAR AND WEAR: Made from industrial grade 304 stainless steel , lightweight, this ultimately increases the longevity and lifespan of the hose. The most obvious benefit provided by a metal garden hose is supreme durability. Microfiber and vinyl hoses may have metal hoses beat in some areas, but when it comes to withstanding the tear and wear, the metal garden hose is the king.
- COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT : Weighs around 3 pounds in total, making them very easy to transport from place to place. While expandable garden hose are typically lighter, metal hoses do not weigh much more and have the added benefit of extreme durability.
- RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE : Offer 180 days 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee. We are quite sure that you will be delighted with the portability, high quality and durability of our metal garden hose.
Titan Metal Garden Hose Reviews
Titan stainless steel hose brings joy in your watering work. It is designed to have a larger inner diameter, 1/2 inches, and greater water flow. It is durable and can withstand tough conditions like extreme weathers, sharp corners, tough surfaces, animal bites and nails. The hose enjoys high grade stainless steel that keeps it intact even when working for a long time.
Additionally, the bonus high pressure brass nozzle ensures a blazing water spray. It can be used for washing cars, watering gardens and other uses. Titan hose offers 5 different lengths, 15, 25, 50, 75 and 100 feet. The length can be extended by connecting to other hoses which means that you can choose your desired length. Titan hoses are perfect, high-end metal garden hoses with a higher cost.
No kinking ever
Quality Source Products Metal Garden Hose with Brass Sprayer Reviews
The QSP garden hose works for all purposes and conditions. It is equipped with high pressure rubber hose covered by 16 gauge 304 stainless steel, material that survives in extreme weather and stays away from corrosions and rusts. It is also subjected to kink-proof and puncture proof. The stainless steel shell diameter allows high pressure water running through the pipe. The flex steel construction grants it flexible to work in all conditions including small narrow space.
On top of that, QSP hose hardly ever tangles or twists, and it coils perfectly each time when the water is off; because of that, it can be stored easily while not in use. The inner rubber pipe is protected by the outer shell and will not generate bleaches.
However, the QSP hose only has 50-feet version. If 50 feet is the length you are looking for, it will be a good choice for you.
Free high pressure nozzle
Solid fittings that don’t break easily
12 month warranty
TheFitLife 25 ft Garden Hoses Reviews
The TheFitLife Hose is encased in durable stainless steel outer layer, and features in compact design and providing steady high pressure water flow. The outer layer reflects harmful UV radiation and keeps the hose a cool touch feeling even in hottest days. Besides, the hoses can be expanded by connecting to other hoses together if you need a longer hose.
The TheFitLife Hose contains nickel and chromium which protect the alloy from rusts and corrosions in most conditions, so that you can place it anywhere you want and don’t need to worry about corrosions. It is weighs less than common hoses, which makes it easy to move around and use. The improved flex ridge promotes it flexible and away from tangling or kinking. Furthermore, the puncture-proof quality gives it extra lifespan. It’s capable of withstanding wearing, twisting and tearing from garden events. TheFitLife hose works at a wide range of temperatures, from -5 to 98 degree Celsius.
Works at wide range of temperature
Bionic Steel Garden Hoses Reviews
The Bionic Steel Hose is absolutely kink-free, and you would never need to continuously untangle, stretch and straighten the hose for the best water flow. It has a patented design and is more compact and lightweight than standard rubber hose. In addition, it is ultra-durable to withstand animal bites, brambles, all weathers, rocks and nails.
It has a flexible latex-lined inner rubber pipe that gives the flexibility to store in an easy coil. The inner pipe is encased in an outer layer which protects it from tearing, wearing while keeping the hose flexible to move around. It also gets great handling in summer as the stainless-steel layer keeps cool to the touch regardless of the temperature around.
Easy to store
Metal Garden Hose Buying Guide
We all know how it could get annoying to go back, fixing kinks and holes in garden hoses. We all know how easily kinks, breaks and tangles can happen on hoses. With the releasing of metal garden hoses, all these issues seem to be addressed, or, are they? We will take an in depth look at the metal garden hoses and let you decide if they worth the money.
What size is best?
Metal garden hoses have variety of lengths, from 3 feet to 100 feet, to meet your requirements. If you ever find yourself requiring a longer hose, you can always attach another metal garden hose to the existing one without any extra connectors. You could even connect multiple metal hoses with shorter lengths together; however, multiple hoses generally cost more, but you would not need to carry the whole length around when you don’t need to, and the extra hose can be stored easily as metal hoses feature easy and hassle-free coil.
The golden rule is to get a hose slightly longer than you actually need.
What is the diameter of a metal garden host? Do they provide great water flow rate?
The diameter of the metal garden hoses is 3/8 inches. Many sellers may suggest the diameter of 5/8 inches, but that refers to the diameter of the stainless–steel shell.
The diameter of metal hoses is indeed smaller than regular rubber hoses, which generally introduces a lower water flow rate but boosts outlet water pressure, and you will see a longer spray stream. So if you need a powerful water flow, metal garden hoses may not be the one you are looking for.
Are metal hoses safe for drinking from?
Not all of the metal hoses are safe for drinking water. For them to be safe for drinking, the hose must be free of plastic, and the inner lining has to be safe for use. Unless the seller states explicitly that the hoses are safe for drinking, we would not recommend drinking directly from these hoses.
How much pressure do metal hoses hold?
Although the hoses are made of stainless steel, it doesn’t mean that they can withstand any water pressure. The maximum pressure varies from hose to hose, read sellers’ instructions carefully before making a purchase. Make sure that the garden hose can hold water pressure in your home. The maximum water pressure for metal garden hoses is around 1 MPa.
What kind of stainless steel is used on a metal hose?
There are 2 types of stainless steels that build metal garden hoses, 201-grade and 304-grade. 201-grade metal hoses cost less than 304-grade and provides less rust resistance. With that being said, however, it still provides good durability and corrosion resistance. The 304-grade stainless steel, on the other hand, contains higher levels of nickel that resists corrosion and elements better, and thus lasts longer. If budget is your only concern, 201-grade stainless steel garden hoses will be a good choice.
Connecting to other hose types
You may need an additional hose depending on where you are watering, and that leaves an option of connecting multiple hoses. Most metal garden hoses can connect to other hoses without extra components. This is because they come in with 2 different fittings on each end, the male fitting and the female fitting which can be attached to each other without any other components. That great feature gives users a simple and effortless solution to a length shortage. There are also short leaders hoses available that would create a hose with your desired length.
The fittings refer to the attachments at both ends that are used to connect to the water supply, nozzle or other hoses. The fittings are usually made of 3 materials: plastic, aluminum and brass. The cheapest fittings are made of plastic which are very likely to retire after several uses, try to avoid those as they would lead to series issues like leaks, breaks and often can’t be tightened enough to the water tap.
Metal fittings, on the contrast, last much longer. There are two types of metal fittings, one of which is made of aluminum that can get stuck to the water tap and become extremely difficult to unscrew without tools. The other one is made of brass, it is thicker and more durable than aluminum fittings and wouldn’t stick to the water tap, so the brass fittings are ideal for garden hoses.
Shapes of fittings also matter when it turns to screwing and tightening, large octagon shape fittings are the easiest to tighten because they provide the best grip support. Try to aim for brass fittings as they typically have octagon shape.
How does it behave in hot summer days?
In hot summer days, most materials exposed to direct sunlight break down more than usual, especially for materials like rubber, of which the garden hoses are made. Nevertheless, a metal garden hose can withstand full sunlight, the silver metal layer reflects most of harmful UV from sunlight and keeps the hose cool to the touch on hot days such as in Arizona.
How does it behave in cold winter days?
The metal garden hose handles cold weather pretty well as it remains flexible and durable. When it comes to extremely cold weather; however, rubber hose handles better because the rubber hoses’ material is more durable than the rubber tubes within the expandable and metal garden hoses. You should, however, be careful with excessive water on icy days as it becomes super slippy.
Please use garden hoses with caution in winter, wear gloves, and clear water in the tube after each use.
How much does a metal garden hose cost?
The prices of metal garden hoses change greatly. High quality hoses are likely to have a higher price tag, but are often worth it. The cheaper ones, however, usually are subject to shorter lifespans and prone to leaks and breaks. Whichever garden hose you are purchasing, make sure it has warranty covered.
Warranty is one of the things that you must check. Look for hoses that are covered with warranties for any defects. Usually a 1–year warranty is good.
There are many reasons to purchase metal garden hoses. Whether you are tired dealing with kinking hoses or hoses with holes, metal garden hoses will be the best fit for you. Consider what you will need to do with the hose before you purchase. You would never want to buy a long hose if you are only using half of it. I believe that you will enjoy your garden events with metal garden hoses.
Best Metal Garden Hoses
Our Top 10 list of the best metal garden hoses to use this year.