Pressure cookers are all the rage nowadays. It seems like this multi-use gadget has taken over kitchens everywhere. It really isn’t a surprise as to the reason why this is happening. Our lives are busier than ever and cooking home cooked meals becomes more and more of a strain on our time. Our top ten list of the Best Pressure Cooker reviews will help you find the best model.
Pressure cookers make delicious and healthy foods quickly and easily. Most of the electric pressure cookers also can be used for a multitude of other purposes making this appliance an even better buy. They can be slow cookers, rice cookers, yogurt makers and can brown/saute, steam and warm.
A pressure cooker works on steam pressure. The most simple way to put it is that steam builds up in a sealed pot, the pressure rises and food cooks much quicker than normal. Pressure cookers have been around for a long time and used frequently for canning and cooking meats, stews and multiple other foods. Electric models have been introduced as a popular way to quickly prepare a healthy meal.
Like other kitchen appliances such as a single serve blender or a spice grinder, electric pressure cookers are a stand-alone kitchen appliance that runs by plugging its cord into an electrical socket. Stovetop pressure cookers, on the other hand, need to be monitored while heating up on the stove and do not have a separate power source.
So which pressure cooker is the best? Are Instant Pots the best way to go? Should you get an electric or stovetop model? Read on to discover which model is ranked the best and find the one right for you.
- 1 Top Ten Pressure Cooker and Multi-Cookers for 2018
- 2 Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Review
- 3 Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker Review
- 4 Yedi Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
- 5 COSORI 6 Qt Premium 8-in-1 Programmable Multi-Cooker Review
- 6 Crock-Pot Express Crock Programmable Multi-Cooker Review
- 7 Mueller 9-in1 Pro Series 18 Smart Program Pressure Cooker Review
- 8 8 in 1 Electric Programmable Pressure Cooker & Steamer
- 9 All American 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker Canner
- 10 Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
- 11 Crenova CR-38A 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
- 12 Electric Vs. Stove Top Model
Top Ten Pressure Cooker and Multi-Cookers for 2018
|Brand Name||Pot Size||Pre-set programs||Style||weight||Buy Now|
|Instant Pot DUO Plus 60||6 Qt.||15||Electric||11.83 lbs.||Check Price|
|Instant Pot DUO60||6 Qt., 8 Qt.||14||Electric||11.8 lbs||Check Price|
|Yedi Multi-Use Pressure Cooker||6 Qt.||11||Electric||14.3||Check Price|
|COSORI Multi-cooker||6 Qt.||17||Electric||15 pounds||Check Price|
|Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker||6 Qt.||8||Electric||12.8 lbs||Check Price|
1 Pressure Cooker
|6 Qt.||18||Electric||15 lbs.||Check Price|
|Nutri Chef Pressure Cooker||5 Qt.||8||Electric||11.2 lbs||Check Price|
|All American Pressure Cooker Canner||21.5 Qt.||N/A||Stove-Top||20 pounds||Check Price|
|Presto Pressure Cooker and Canner||23 Qt.||N/A||Stove-Top||12 lbs.||Check Price|
|Crenova CR-38A Multi-use Pressure Cooker||6 Qt.||14||Electric||17.64 pounds||Check Price|
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Review
It seems like everyone is looking for an Instant Pot. Instant Pot is the most popular brand of pressure cookers currently on the market. This brand has become a favorite for many reasons.This company produces a high quality and versatile appliance. According to the company, the Instant Pot Duo plus 60 is the bestseller of its line.
If you are looking for versatility this pressure cooker has it all. This pressure cooker has 9 different functions. In addition to pressure cooking, it will work as a slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, egg cooker, sauté, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer. As a final note, this appliance can even make a cake. There are 15 pre-programmed modes to make cooking quick and easy. Chose from soup, meat, chili, porridge, yogurt and more.
- Many safety features built-in
- 9 different functions
- Has both high and low pressures for cooking
- 15 program modes built-in
- Easy to read large LCD screen
- Can adjust settings even after cooking has begun
- Stainless steel cooking pot and attractive brushed stainless steel exterior
- Fantastic reviews
- While the reviews on this pressure cooker are overall outstanding (4.6 out of 5 currently on Amazon) the most common complaint is a poor seal.
- Inner pot is not non-stick, cooking certain foods like rice can be hard to clean-up
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker Review
The Instant Pot Duo 60 has many of the same features of the DUO plus 60 but it comes in at a slightly lower price. This version is also a best seller in pressure cookers. If you like Instant Pot line and are looking for a more affordable version of the DUO 60 Plus, this might be perfect for you. It works as seven different appliances. You can pressure cook, slow cook, steam, warm, make yogurt, cook rice, saute and steam with just one cooker.
This appliance has 14 programmed modes including Soup, meat, chili, poultry, rice, steam, yogurt, saute, keep warm, porridge, slow cook, manual, steam, and multigrain. As an electric pressure cooker this machine will monitor the pressure, temperature and adjust the heating while cooking foods with its technology.
- Built in safety features
- 7 different cooking functions
- 14 program modes
- Easy to read screen
- Both high and low pressure options
- Stainless steel cooking pot and attractive brushed stainless steel exterior
- Fantastic reviews
- The DUO plus offers more functions and programs
Yedi Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
Another option in the electric multi-use pressure cooker line is the Yedi Cooker. The Yedi Pressure cooker has been described as the most similar in construction and function to the Instant Pot.Like other multi-use cookers this appliance can pressure cook, slow cook, steam, cook rice, saute and more. The Yedi pressure cooker has 12 built-in cooking functions/programs that include Soup, Stew, Beans, Chili, Meat, Poultry, Fish, Steam/Veggies, Cake, Rice, Multigrain, Quinoa. It also includes a manual mode and the ability to change pressure level.
Additional features that come with the Yedi include stainless steel inner cooking pot, stainless steel steam rack, 2 cooking spoons, measuring cup, and condensation collector.
- 12 programs/functions
- Stainless Steel interior pot
- Similar quality to the Instant Pot
- Chose from high, medium or low pressures
- Does not come with recipes
- Very similar to an Instant Pot just a few less/different program functions
COSORI 6 Qt Premium 8-in-1 Programmable Multi-Cooker Review
The Cosori 6 Qt Pressure cooker is another bestselling multi-use cooker. There is so much that can be done with this cooking appliance that you can rely on it to cook meals regularly no matter what you are planning to serve up. It has 6 different coking functions: Bake, Sauté and Brown, Boil, Steam, Slow Cook, and Pressure Cook. Like other multi-use cooking pots you can make yogurt, warm foods, use it as a slow cooker, cook rice, steamer, and pressure cook.
A total of 17 built-in programs cooking modes make cooking simple and quick. There are 10 safety mechanisms in this appliance for security and peace of mind while pressure cooking. Additional features that come with this pressure cooker include a recipe book, extra silicone sealing ring, stainless steel steam rack, measuring cup and ladle.
- 10 safety mechanisms
- Easy to use
- Two tops, pressure top and clear top
- Extra silicone sealing ring provided
- Best for pressure cooking rather than other cooking modes
The Crock Pot Express cooker is another electric cooker that allows you to cook food in 4 different ways. You can pressure cook, slow cook, Steam and Saute. The 8 pre-set settings include meat, , stew, chili, rice, slow cooker, yogurt, and more.
The cooking pot on this appliance is 6 qts., non-stick and dishwasher safe. The delayed timer feature is also included in some of the cooking modes. This is a nice feature that helps cook foods on your own schedule.
One drawback to this pressure cooker is that there is no manual function setting. However the company recommends that if you need to use a manual setting the Chili/Beans function will allow you to adjust the pressure to either high or low as well as the timer from 5 minutes to 2 hours.
- Cooking pot is non-stick and dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
- 8 programmable modes
- Built safety features
- No manual function setting
Mueller 9-in1 Pro Series 18 Smart Program Pressure Cooker Review
The Mueller Pro Series Pressure Cooker may not be as well known as the Instant Pot brand when it comes to pressure cookers, but this appliance has been built to be strong, cook well and competes well with the better known brands.
It comes with 18 program functions that include :Meat, Poultry, Vegetable, Steam, Risotto, Oatmeal, White Rice, Canning, Beans, Broth, Curry, Soup, Multigrain, Sterilize, Chili, Cake, Saute, Egg, Slow Cook & Keep Warm.
The reviews on this pressure cooker have held up pretty high, making it a strong competitor in the top ten pressure cooker category. Currently it ranks 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
- Ceramic non-stick interior
- 18 program modes/functions
- Stainless steel rack included to cook two dishes
- Great reviews overall
- Interior pot is non-stick but not made from stainless steel
- Many complaints about the instruction manual
8 in 1 Electric Programmable Pressure Cooker & Steamer
The NutriChef Pressure cooker has 8 program modes that include fish, meat, chicken, soup, rice, porridge, spare rib and tendon. This appliance can bake, steam, braise, boil and cook. While it comes in smaller than average at only 5 qts., this can be still be a good choice is as a basic smaller pressure cooker.
Additional features that come with this pressure cooker include serving spoon, measuring cup. The cooking pot is made from non stick Teflon on the interior and is easy to clean.
- Non stick Teflon pot interior
- 8 program modes
- Pressure safety valve
- 5 quarts is slightly smaller than average
- Not as many features as other cookers.
- Time can be adjusted, however no manual adjustment for pressure.
All American 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker Canner
If you are looking for an stove top type of pressure cooker, the All American Pressure Cooker is the top of the line for canning and other pressure cooking needs. This type of canning is the safest way to can meats, fish, poultry and vegetables. The All American pressure cooker is a professional quality, large capacity appliance. Made from heavy duty cast aluminum construction which will heat evenly and quickly. It will meet all your pressure cooking needs with ease.
- Large Capacity
- Perfect for canning
- Can also be used for other pressure cooking needs
- heavy duty cast aluminum construction
- Not a “multi-use” or programmable pressure cooker
- Stove top pressure cookers must be monitored for time and pressure
Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
The Presto Pressure cooker is a stove top pressure cooker, which is the only method that has been deemed safe for canning vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood. If you are looking for a pressure cooker to use for canning purposes, the Presto Pressure cooker has been made for that. It can be used as a boiler for canning other things such as jellies, jams, fruits etc. It can also be used for all other pressure cooking uses. You can cook meats, stews, soups or even desserts. This pressure cooker has a large 23 quart capacity which can handle very big pressure cooking needs.
Since the Presto pressure cooker is a stove top model, it is important to note that cooking must be monitored for time and pressure. This is unlike the electric models which run automatically and on a timer.
- Stove top pressure cooker
- Large capacity
- Perfect for canning
- Made from heavy-gauge aluminum
- Oven top cookers must be monitored for time and pressure
- Not a programmable pressure cooker
Crenova CR-38A 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
- 14 built in cooking modes
- removable inner pot for easy cleaning
- Comes with rice spoon and measuring cup
- Non Stick inner pot
- Some complaints about the manual being unhelpful
- Instructions are unclear
Electric Vs. Stove Top Model
When shopping for a pressure cooker, you may begin to wonder whether you should be buying an electric or stove top model. However when comparing what each appliance is capable of doing and the function of each type of pressure cooker the choice can be relatively easy to make. Stove top pressure cookers tend to be much more simple in function and make than electric pressure cookers. Electric cookers are stand alone, just plug in the power cord, and work without on a timer and automatically heat and cook the food. Stove-top pressure cookers need to be monitored for time and pressure and don’t have all the fancy built-in programs or digital screens of an electric model. However if you are looking for a pressure cooker for canning the stove top models are a superior choice.
Other articles you might enjoy: