I’m the editor-in-chief and today we’re going to take another look at some golf equipment that you guys have been seen on the Golf Channel. We’re here today with a review of the C3i Wedge and you guys been paying any attention at all you may have seen this infomercial showing off this sand wedge. Perhaps you’ve seen the gx7 we’ve done videos on both of those and maybe we can link them up somewhere where we’ll put them for sure down in the comments so you guys can check those out too.
Also see: S7K Putter review
The c3i Wedge is kind of the next step in sand shots and so we reached out we end up getting our hands on one and we spent the afternoon here chipping around with it. We tried out of bunkers, we tried out of tight lies, thicker lies, more grass, less grass, and we came back with some interesting thoughts. So first of all, I want to talk about the golf club we’re going to start from right from the top. We’re talking about the golf club what it would like to unveil it so we literally unwrapped it today. We peeled the plastic off and the club glistens in the sun. The first thing you notice that we’ve got the dark chrome the black chrome face now. This club like the XC one wedge is very similar in concept with some of the things I talked about here in the feud. I’m going to talk about the blade the gliding sole but one of the major differences I noticed was a dark chrome, so if you guys tend to play a lot of golf, hopefully, you love playing golf, in the Sun it’s going to give you a little bit of a limited glare. Which is nice but then it also gives just kind of a softer different appeal to guys who like the dark chrome looks. Also, the first thing I noticed, we took a look at the shaft the grip it’s got a standard looks like it’s probably a dynamic 300 shaft cut down it’s the same exact length as a 60-degree wedge.
This has 65 degrees of loft but is the same exact length, so it’s not going to be anything too abnormal from what you’re currently hitting. But when you dive into the technology and what it really is trying to do, all of the technology lies in what they call an auto glide sole. I think with this club they call it the auto glide and what that auto glide soul does is it enhances what the core design of a sand wedge is meant to do, which is meant to have bounce and help golfers. If you’re a golfer that when you’re chipping when you’re hitting out of the bunker when you’re hitting out of thick rough, that you’re really always having trouble with getting the ball to go a consistent distance. Or you’re having trouble getting it out of bad lies this club could really help you out because I want to talk about what they call the auto glide sole.
Check Also: Best Golf Club Sets For Kids & Juniors
What Is The Auto Glide Sole?
This sole is designed in a way that it makes the leading edge when you set the bottom of the club down what’s called the bounce we’ve actually talked about that in a different video it makes the leading edge sit significantly off the ground. Now I want to talk about a couple of different lies and how that may affect you having that leading edge work in such a unique way so first of all if you’re hitting it off of a tight lie. Let’s say you’re hitting it off a very short grass or you’re hitting it off of dirt or you’re hitting it off a very firm sand and the bunker. It’s not going to be very beneficial for you having that leading edge off the ground due to this bounce that I explained is going to lead to some very very bad shots, it’s going to lead to what we call sculling it in the forehead which is not good.
C3i Wedge -Premium Right Hand Sand Wedge, Lob Wedge for Men & Women - Escape Bunkers in One, Easy Flop Shots - Legal for Tournament Play, Quickly Cuts Strokes from Your Short Game- High Loft Golf Club
1 used from $79.00
- EASILY ESCAPE BUNKERS IN ONE; The C3i lob wedge is extra-wide. Its auto-glide sole cuts through the sand without skipping or digging; This sand wedge is a high loft golf club for men and women that gets the ball up easily to clear the lip and stop it quickly on the green; 12 degrees of bounce make sand wedge for men and women perfect for any type of sand, fluffy to firm; Get out in one more often and reduce wasted strokes; Makes bunker play a breeze with this sand wedge golf club.
- NO-FRICTION GLIDE THROUGH TURF, NO-EFFORT FLOP SHOTS; The C3i golf wedges for men and women have an extra curve and beveled leading edge that reduce interaction with the ground for consistently clean contact; Hosel and heel shaped to eliminate catching and snagging in rough and to minimize material collection in the pocket; 65 degrees of loft pop the ball high with no effort, no special swing technique required; Clip it cleanly off of tight lies; Hit impressive, soaring flop with ease
- LESS COMPLICATED SWING VS TRADITIONAL WEDGES; The C3i golf wedge is specially-engineered. The design of our sand wedge lets you set up and aim directly at your target; No opening your stance or the blade to hit high and soft; Just set up square and swing to get the golf club close to the pin from a variety of lies; Ease of swing promotes greater confidence when standing over the ball; Enjoy more tap-in putts for birdie and par.
- FEATURED IN GOLF DIGEST's article "5 Wedges to Help You Hit Better Sand Shots"; The C3i sand wedge was independently tested and verified by MyGolfSpy, chosen by them as a standout among specialty wedges, even beating out a traditional wedge for percentage of shots lefts in the bunker and proximity to the hole.
- LEGAL FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY, 1-YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY; The C3i sand wedge and lob wedge golf club for men and women conforms to the rules of golf, Give yourself an edge without breaking any rules; High-quality construction backed by 1-year manufacturer warranty against defects
How Will The C3i Help My Golf Game?
What this club is going to help you with is if you’re hitting off of softer lies. Maybe it’s a sponge your lie in the fairway maybe it’s super wet outside maybe the grass is thick maybe the ball sitting up maybe the sand is super fluffy. This is going to help golfers escape situations, that maybe before took a lot more skill a lot more practice and a lot more finesse. And that’s because of this blade. So when I was working with the C3i Wedge, I worked out of a bunker and it just got done while snowing yesterday but if the bunkers are really wet which meant they were like packed down but because they were wet they were actually pretty easy to dig out if they weren’t dried out hardpan, and I was able to really use this club. By just taking a normal squared off swing, I was able to really get this Club to just effortlessly pop the ball out of the bunker which was awesome. Now I tried to do some goofy things that out of that bunker shot I tried to open it up I tried to use the bounce a little bit to hit one higher I tried to do a couple of different things in the club didn’t seem to want to really cooperate with me. It led to a couple of skulls and led to a couple of shots that did not end up on the green, and that’s because it’s so pronounced.
How To Hit The C3i Wedge?
It’s really designed to simplify the short game, so when you guys using this club one of the things I want to make sure you guys understand is that you guys need to be hitting this club with a square stance. The square stance would mean that the clubface itself is aimed directly at the target that you’ve also got your body aimed parallel left you’re not opening up your stance and you’re not opening up your feet. Because if you do anything where you start to open up and try to lay this club out like a lot of other wedges, you’re going to run into a lot of inconsistencies. Unless you’re trying to hit a miraculous shot on the thick rough. So while also testing out the C3i Wedge, we want to hit some full swing shots because we know that we’re not just hitting wedge shots we’re not just using our wedges for one purpose. It’s not just for typical shots and it’s not just our bunker shots, we also use wedges to score from 40 60 80 yards out. So we went headed from some 75% to 80% wedge shots and we really noticed that this club is, first of all, it performs pretty well from a full swing. We’re able to hit the ball fly high and land soft. But if you guys are trained at different shots, you’re not going to be able to really hit it low or you’re gonna have a harder time to hit the knockdown. That’s mainly because of the 65 degrees of loft and the way the club set up. But as far as the ball flying high getting it to land softly my normal 60-degree actually of a 58 degree the normal full 58 degrees for me is about 90 yards. So this club I would say if I was hitting a toy I probably ought to pull up 75 told a lot of it but it’s going to go high and both the shots I hit spun really nice, so it can be used as well from the fairway for your longer shots.
To understand that the ball is going to go high and it’s going to land pretty soft so make sure you understand you have to fly the ball to the hole location. When you guys are hitting the ball out of the thicker grass, out of the rough, this bounce the way that it’s designed is it’s going to lead the leading edge higher off the ground, which is going to help you guys not chunk it. It’s going to help advance the ball out, should pop out much easier. That’s exactly what the market on the commercials you’ll see the ball pop out land softer fly higher and that’s also why it’s got 65 degrees of loft is to help you guys do that.
If you have trouble in the sand then the C3i will improve your shots.