A Deep Dive Into Garden of Life CBD
Garden of Life’s CBD products are doctor-formulated and are blends that target specific health concerns, such as sleep problems, stress, and mood. Garden of Life offers tinctures, softgels, sprays, topicals, and gummies. They even offer a blend for pets.
Garden of Life partners with celebrities such as Alicia Silverstone of the myKind organic vitamin line. The company made headlines in 2017 when it was bought out by Nestle (owned by the notorious GMO company Monsanto) which was recently acquired by Bayer, seems the antithesis of Garden of Life’s stated values. Nevertheless, the Garden of Life maintains its essence regardless of the buyout.
Our Top Recommended CBD Products
1. CBD Oil Tinctures – by Joy Organics
2. Charlotte’s Web Original Formula CBD Oil (50mg)
3. CBDfx CBD + CBG Wellness 2:1 Tincture
A move into the CBD realm is not a long stretch for a company involved in natural healing and therapeutics since its inception. With the United States 2018 Farm Act legalizing CBD at the federal level, hemp-based cannabidiol (CBD) has spread like wildfire on the market, despite the fact that companies are prohibited from advertising specific medicinal benefits of CBD.
This restriction is due to the fact that the FDA has not yet recognized any therapeutic effects of CBD. The one approved use is as a prescribed medication for certain types of epilepsy. However, the lack of official recognition of the benefits of CBD has not prevented anecdotal news of its curative properties.
Cannabis plants have about 115 phytocannabinoids; CBD and THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) are the most common.
Distinction: While both hemp and marijuana are part of the cannabis family, they have distinct chemical compositions, directly related to the phytocannabinoids. By definition, hemp has a maximum of 0.3% THC but has a higher percentage of CBD. Marijuana, in contrast, has a high percentage of about 25% THC, but smaller amounts of CBD.
That’s important because THC is the psychoactive chemical compound in cannabis that causes the “high.” CBD does not cause euphoria or a high, so you won’t become impaired when using it.
Garden of Life’s products are hemp-based and are all broad-spectrum products. Broad-spectrum CBD has gone through an extra process to remove all traces of THC. Every CBD product made by Garden of Life is 100% free of THC.
A cannabinoid is an umbrella term for varied chemical compounds occurring naturally in plants (phytocannabinoids) and the human body (endocannabinoids). The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is responsible for homeostasis in the human body. It is believed that supplementing the endocannabinoids with phytocannabinoids helps to return the body to its natural balanced state.
Some of the anecdotal benefits of adding CBD to one’s supplement regimen include:
- higher quality sleep
- improved mood
- pain relief
- alleviation of anxiety and panic
Cannabinoids interact with receptors in the body to restore a normal state of healthy balance.
Best Garden of Life CBD Products
1. Dr. Formulated CBD+ Sleep Liquid Drops
2. Dr. Formulated CBD+ Inflammatory Response† Liquid Drops
3. Dr. Formulated CBD+ Youthful Skin† Liquid Drops
4. Dr. Formulated CBD+ Stress Relief† Liquid Drops
5. Dr. Formulated CBD Pet Liquid Drops
Who’s It For?
Garden of Life CBD supplements is appropriate for people who want to add CBD to their supplement routine and are committed to purchasing certified organic and non-GMO products. People who are looking to address specific concerns might like their soft gels, which target certain issues like mood or sleep.
None of the Garden of Life’s products involve smoking or vaping, and they don’t have artificial flavors or additives, so they are a good choice for CBD users looking for a natural and discreet CBD experience.
The fact that all of Garden of Life’s products are broad-spectrum is another selling point for some consumers that absolutely do not want even a trace of THC. Some people are sensitive to the THC even in trace amounts, while others may have drug test requirements that prevent them from using a full-spectrum product. Even though full-spectrum hemp CBD doesn’t have enough THC to get you high, it might still appear on a drug test.
Garden of Life CBD products is good for beginners because the dosing is easy. The only product which requires figuring out the proper dose is the tincture, and the included dropper makes that simple.
What We Like About Garden of Life CBD
The variety offered by the Garden of Life includes not just the mode of delivery but that the softgels that target specific health concerns. The certified organic and non-GMO designations are important to us, and we also appreciate that all Garden of Life’s products is broad-spectrum, so we don’t have to distinguish between broad and full-spectrum products.
Consumers who have tried the Collagen CBD report great results with joint pain. The spray helps some customers fall asleep and sleep better throughout the night. The Chocolate Mint flavor gets rave reviews. Dog owners, too, say the CBD pet blend soothes and relaxes their pets and helps with joint pain.
What We Don’t Like About Garden of Life CBD
Some consumers feel that the terpene taste is too strong in the tinctures and sprays. Terpenes provide the essential oils with the scent and flavor of the plant.
There is some concern about the new ownership of the Garden of Life and whether it will uphold the use of non-GMO and organic products. Some consumers prefer CBD products to retain their purity without additional essential oils and herbs.
- Third-party tested
- Non-GMO and organic
- Good variety of products
- Terpenes for increased therapeutic benefit
- Strong terpene taste
- Lower CBD concentration than other brands
Garden of Life offers CBD tinctures, sprays, softgels, gummies, and topicals.
Doctor-formulated CBD whole hemp extract tinctures come in 3 strengths (10mg, 30mg, 50mg) and all come with dosing droppers (30ml)
Tincture strengths come in 10, 30, or 50 mg whole hemp extract, plus a blend of pure essential oils that create what Garden of Life calls the Entourage Effect. Their whole hemp extracts include full-spectrum terpenes, cannabinoids, flavonoids, and fatty acids from the hemp plant. They all work together to create a synergy known as the Entourage Effect. Tinctures are vegan, gluten-free, and THC-free.
Dosage is 1 dropper daily, or more times if desired. Flavors include Chocolate Mint and Peppermint.
Garden of Life’s doctor-formulated CBD liquid blends are all THC Free, gluten-free, and vegan (30 ml):
- CBD+ Sleep Liquid Drops: 15mg CBD with Vitamin D3 (lemon balm, chamomile, and Entourage Effect Blend)
- CBD+ Inflammatory Response Liquid Drops: 2mg Astaxanthin, 15mg CBD, and Entourage Effect Blend
- CBD+ Youthful Skin Liquid Drops: 15mg of CBD, 350mg Lipowheat® plant ceramides to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and Entourage Effect Blend
- CBD+ Stress Relief Liquid Drops: 15mg CBD, 140 IU Extramel® SOD, shown to help manage stress, and Entourage Effect Blend
- CBD Pet Liquid Drops: 20mg CBD and extra potent Entourage Effect Blend (For Adult Dogs) Peanut Butter Flavor
Softgels (30 softgels)
- CBD Probiotics Women: 10mg whole hemp extract with essences of cranberry, geranium & lavender
- CBD Probiotics Men: 10mg whole hemp extract, essences of ginger and mint
- Dr. Formulated CBD Inflammatory Response: 10mg whole hemp extract with essences of turmeric, thyme, ginger & frankincense.
- CBD Probiotics Stress Relief: 10mg whole hemp extract with essences of bergamot & lavender.
- CBD Probiotics Immune: 10mg whole hemp extract with essences of ginger, lavender & peppermint
Collagen CBD (10 and12 ounces – 14 servings)
This product combines 20g grass-fed collagen with 15mg CBD for joints, mobility, and skin. It comes in a powder to use in shakes, smoothies, and baking.
Gummies (60 doctor-formulated gummies; 30 servings; mango and cherry flavor)
- CBD+ Sleep Gummies: 10mg CBD with Vitamin D3, lemon balm, chamomile, and Entourage Effect Blend
- CBD+ Stress Relief Gummies: 10mg CBD, Extramel® SOD, shown to help manage stress, and Entourage Effect Blend
- CBD+ Inflammatory Response Gummies: Astaxanthin, 10mg CBD, and Entourage Effect Blend
- CBD 10mg Whole Hemp Extract Gummies
Topicals: 1.3 ounces (Contains Organic Ingredients, Doctor-Formulated, Tested Non-GMO & THC Free, Cruelty-Free and Vegan)
- CBD Intensive Recovery Lotion: maximum cooling relief with Ayurvedic Botanicals including Organic Ashwagandha and Holy Basil, 800mg CBD per bottle
- CBD Cooling Rescue Cream: soothing cooling effect, Ayurvedic Botanicals including Organic Wintergreen & Eucalyptus, 200mg CBD per bottle
Overview Of Features
Garden of Life is non-GMO and certified organic. Their CBD products are vegan and gluten-free (except the collagen). Garden of Life concentrates their CBD using Supercritical C02 extraction.
Many companies use alcohol or other solvents during the extraction process, but the Garden of Life is committed to not using any chemicals during this process, even though the C02 extraction is a much more expensive procedure. Garden of Life’s priority is that its products are produced with the cleanest methods.
C02 extraction is also cleaner for the environment because C02 is recyclable and creates no toxic waste.
Some CBD products are isolates that do not have the concentrated effect of pure hemp extract and also do not contain other beneficial phytocannabinoids.
Garden of Life is committed to regular third-party testing for purity and potency, testing for pesticides, residual solvents, heavy metals, microbial, and glyphosate. All Garden of Life CBD products have a QR code on the packaging so that you can check the purity of the lot.
Garden of Life has an established history and is known as a company that has three primary principles:
- The Science of Whole Food
- Clean is healthy
Garden of Life has entered the CBD arena with these tenets in mind, and their products are thoughtfully curated. Of all the CBD brands, Garden of Life seems to focus on natural health and wellness. There is nothing gimmicky about their product, just straightforward, clean, and organic CBD supplements.
Whether you want gummies, topicals, sprays, oils, or softgels, Garden of Life is sure to have a therapeutic blend that meets your needs.
Be notified about new posts
Sign up with your email for our newsletter and be notified when we publish new blog posts. Don’t miss valuable advices.