What’s the most exciting thing about cannabis?
Well, that’s true but there is more to this herb than you can imagine.
It’s the fact that it can be consumed in many forms. Don’t you agree with that? You surely do! We have cannabis flower, concentrates, oils, liquids, and drinks. Well, there is one more thing we’re missing.
It’s cannabutter! Heard about it? If not, let me explain more in detail.
So, what is Cannabutter?
It is nothing but normal butter infused with cannabis. It is easily available in dispensaries or you can make your own too. The process is simple. You don’t really have to put in a lot of expertise. Just take care of some basics and you’re all set.
Cannabutter is a great way to ingest cannabis. It forms an important ingredient of edibles. It’s also an effective way to feel a relaxing high. The intensity usually depends on the dose you take. So, dose accordingly.
As a matter of fact, THC and CBD are not soluble in water. So, the butter acts as a carrier medium and it directly gets absorbed in the bloodstream.
Are There Cannabutter Benefits?
Absolutely, there are! The effects are particularly long-lasting. So, you need to be a bit patient. The effects kick in after you digest the butter. It is especially suited for someone who loves cannabis edibles. You’ll feel the high after 30-90 mins from consumption. So, don’t rush!
The best thing about edibles is that their effects are long lasting. If the preparation is potent enough, the effects can last anywhere from 5 hours to 12 hours. So, if you’re a fan of durable high, cannabutter should definitely be on your list.
I’m sure by now, you’re already planning to get some for yourself. Well, no issues. You can make it at home easily.
Wondering how to do that?
Don’t worry. I’ll share the recipe with you. It’s time to jot down!
The Ultimate Cannabutter Recipe
In order to make a potent cannabutter, you’ll need to decarboxylate your buds. The cannabis plant contains a cannabinoid called THCA. When heated, it converts to the psychoactive compound THC. If you don’t decarboxylate the buds, the butter won’t get you high and your efforts will go in vain.
First, you should decarboxylate:
1) Preheat heat the oven to 220 degrees F.
2) Take a sheet of baking paper and spread it on the baking dish. Next, break your buds into a smaller size and spread it on the paper. Make sure you don’t mount them on top of each other. Just keep them side by side.
3) Set the timer for 20 minutes. This step is vital as it removes moisture from the buds. They will turn light brown and break more easily.
4) After the buds are dry, take them out of the oven and increase the temperature to 245 degrees F.
5) You can break the buds into finer pieces and then spread it across the baking dish again. Seal it with foil and keep it in the oven for approximately 50 minutes.
6) Remove the buds from the oven and let them cool. Don’t remove the foil during this whole cooling process.
7) Once the temperature is optimum, you can take a grinder and crush the buds into a decent texture. Ideally, an oregano kind of texture would be the best. We’re not looking for a powder here. So, don’t over do it.
Once decarboxylated, we’re ready to take the next step.
- 4 sticks of butter.
- 1 quarter of water
- 1 ounce of decarboxylated cannabis flower
As healthy math, take 4 sticks of butter for every ounce of bud. So, if you take half an ounce, you’ll need 2 sticks of butter.
1) Take a medium sized saucepan and bring the water to a boil.
2) While the water is boiling, add the 4 sticks of butter and let it melt.
3) When the butter starts to melt, add the coarsely grinded flower. Now, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 2-4 hours. Yeah, it takes time. So, make sure you select a time when you’re free. Patience helps and if you want delicious butter, you gotta wait.
4) Keep an eye on the mixture. If you see a thick and shiny texture, it’s time to take the pan off and let it cool.
5) Once the mixture has cooled down, you’ll have to strain it. Take a bowl and cover it with two layers of cheesecloth. Now, pour the mixture slowly into the bowl and strain it with the help of a spoon. Press it until all the butter is squeezed into the bowl. You can grab the cloth and squeeze it between your hands to juice out the extra butter.
6) Let the butter sit for about an hour so that it cools down. Now, put the butter into the fridge and let it solidify. This will usually take upto 3 hours.
7) Once the butter is solid, take it out from the fridge and place it on a container. You can take a knife to edge it out from the bowl. Now, slice it into bars and you’re all set to store or use them for your edibles.
So What Can You Use Cannabutter In?
Well, here are some delicious recipes you can try. Excited? Keep reading!
Cannabis Chocolate Cookies Recipe
So, you’re a fan of cookies? High five! I love them too. Crispy and chocolate—just the way I like it.
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 2 cups of flour
- Half cup of white and brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate cookies
- Chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
1) Take one bowl and place cannabutter in it. Now, take another bowl and add flour, salt, and baking soda. Add white sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl containing cannabutter and mix it well.
2) Now add eggs one by one and mix it. Grab the other bowl and add the flower as you continue to mix.
3) Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the mixture. Knead it with your hands to form a dough. Now, make 4-5 balls and they’re all set for baking
4) Take a greased baking dish and place the dough balls on it. Preheat the oven to 370 degrees F and we’re set.
See Also: Jambo Superfoods Review & Coupon Code
5) Slide the baking dish in and keep it for 10 minutes. Once the timer beeps, let the cookies cool down. You can also place them on a wired mesh for the cooling process.
6) Now, you’re all set for the munching game. Team up with your friends and have a day with edibles. Make sure you’re patient enough because the effects will be visible after an hour. So, stay prepared for a relaxing high.
Cannabis Banana Bread Recipe
I’m sure your taste buds are excited at this moment. Treat them with this delicious baked banana bread.
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- ½ tablespoon of sugar
- 1.5 cups of ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons of cannabutter
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
1) Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F. Take a loaf pan and flour it. Keep it aside for later use.
2) Take a bowl and add the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix them well. Now, take another bowl and mix the bananas, vanilla, sour cream, honey, eggs, and butter.
3) Add the banana mixture to the bowl containing the flour. Mix them until you form a batter.
4) Pour the mixture into a pan and bake it for around 60 minutes.
5) Slide the loaf pan out and let it cool.
The bread is ready. Take a knife and cut the loaf into slices. Smother with some marmalade or jam and let the edibles do their magic.
I’m sure the recipes are enticing. Well, if you’re making cannabutter for the first time, you might have some questions. I’ve covered the most common ones below.
1) Is the decarboxylation process necessary?
A: Assuming you’re making the butter to get high, this step is very important. If you proceed without the decarboxylation process, the cannabutter won’t produce any visible effects on you. The heat is important to activate the active compound THC, which gets you high. So, if you miss this process, your efforts will go in vain.
2) Can cannabutter be stored?
A: Yes, you can store it with ease. You can easily keep it in a refrigerator for 1 month. If you take extra care, it can last up to six months.
3) Which butter is better—salted or unsalted?
A: Salted butter is a better choice because its smoke point is higher. So, you can simmer it for long and facilitate the cannabis absorption process..
4) Is homemade cannabutter good enough?
A: Yes, it is. If you follow the recipe with care, you’ll make some great cannabutter. It’s good for you as homemade butter is devoid of any preservatives or chemicals. So, it’s a safer choice.
5) Which is the best strain for making cannabutter?
A: Honestly, that depends on the kind of high you’re looking for. You can go for a hybrid for a balanced effect. Ideally, you can test your favorite strain and see how it affects you.
6) How long to cook cannabutter in a Crockpot?
Its recommended to cook on low for 4 to 6 hours after you add the proper ratio of cannabis and butter. If you want to do the stovetop method then add the ingredients and bring to a boil and then lower the heat to very low and simmer for an hour or so.
7) Is there a good Cannabutter ratio calculator?
There are a few online that will give the correct ration based on the THC found in the strain you are using.
Be notified about new posts
Sign up with your email for our newsletter and be notified when we publish new blog posts. Don’t miss valuable advices.