A Deep Dive Into The Walgreens CBD Oil Review
In March of 2019, it was announced that Walgreens would begin selling CBD products in nearly 1500 Walgreens stores around the country. Today we are going to review Walgreens CBD product lines.
What Products are Available
- Let’s start with CBD Unlimited Topical Balm-X. It is an analgesic, made to provide relief from minor aches and pains associated with arthritis, backache, and strains or sprains. Its active ingredients are premium hemp isolate and menthol. Other soothing ingredients include coconut oil, lavender oil, beeswax, and hemp seed oil. This balm is for external use only and is suitable for people ages 12 and up.
- Next, we have CBD Unlimited Mist-X Spray. This is also an analgesic product, providing similar relief for the same ailments as the topical balm, the main difference being that this one is in spray form. The active ingredients are hemp isolate, menthol, and camphor. The other soothing ingredients include peppermint oil and sweet birch oil.
- A third option available at Walgreens is the CBDMEDIC Back & Neck Pain Relief Ointment. This is good for back and neck strain, muscle knots, and upper and lower back muscle soreness. Its active ingredients are camphor and menthol. Inactive ingredients include honeysuckle oil, jojoba seed oil, and eucalyptus oil.
Our Top Recommended CBD Products
|1. CBD Oil Tinctures – by Joy Organics || ||Check Price|
|2. Charlotte’s Web Original Formula CBD Oil (50mg) || ||Check Price|
|3. CBDfx CBD + CBG Wellness 2:1 Tincture || ||Check Price|
Who Are These Products For?
CBD possesses a wealth of potential benefits. It is used to ease the symptoms of a variety of ailments, and it is considered a type of therapy for a range of conditions. Some people may prefer the balm, others the spray and some others may prefer the ointment. Let’s take a look.
If you are an older person, you may be able to alleviate many of your symptoms by using CBD oil. If you have arthritis or other types of pain in your feet or lower extremities, you would want to use the Mist-X Spray. This will make it easy for you to apply the CBD oil to the places you may not be able to easily reach.
On the other hand, if you have arthritis in your fingers and you don’t have a problem reaching the affected area, it may be easier to rub the topical balm or ointment on than it would be to press the spray button.
If you are an active person involved in sports, hiking, or other fun activities, you may have reason to use any of the three products mentioned here. If you have a sore back, for example, you may be able to ask your partner to rub the balm or the ointment in that area.
If you don’t have someone who can help you do this, you can use the spray, which will be effective in helping you reach your back on your own. But if you have a sore knee, maybe you’ll prefer to rub the balm or ointment into your skin for deep penetration.
People On The Go
If you’re rarely home and you need to be able to treat your ailments on the go, you might choose the Mist-X Spray. Its portability allows you to carry it with you, and it will be quick and easy to spritz the areas in need.
If you have trouble falling asleep at night, using the balm or ointment may be a more relaxing experience than feeling the jolt of a cool spray before bed.
All three applications could apply here. If your pet has had a recent procedure and there is an area where their fur may have been shaved, you may want to ease their pain by rubbing in the balm or ointment. Some pets will enjoy this extra loving!
But if you have a skittish little friend who doesn’t even want to consider accepting your help, it may be quicker and easier for you to give a brief spray or two onto the affected area.
Who This Isn’t For
Walgreens’ CBD oil products may not be for everyone. If you’re someone on a tight budget, you may want to reconsider.
- The CBD Unlimited Topical Mist-X Spray is the least expensive of the three products covered here today, coming in at around $29.99 for one fluid ounce.
- The CBDMEDIC Back & Pain Relief Ointment costs approximately $49.99 for 1.4 ounces.
- The CBD Unlimited Topical Balm-X costs around $59.99 for 2.02 ounces, making this product the most expensive of the three.
If you’re a person who would prefer to take your CBD internally, the products here may not suit your needs, but they could still be worth a try. You may find that you enjoy using these external products.
See Related Topic: A Deep Dive Into TrueBliss Pure CBD
What We Like About Walgreens CBD Oil Review
- The CBD Unlimited Topical Balm-X contains a nice variety of non-active ingredients that add extra soothing qualities. One of those ingredients is lavender oil, which is known to have a calming effect. The balm also has a skin-softening effect, providing an extra benefit and doubling as a moisturizer.
- The CBD Unlimited Mist-X Spray is a convenient option that can easily be taken along for pain relief whenever you need it. It can be used more easily than balm or ointment in certain situations.
- The CBDMEDIC Back & Neck Pain Relief Ointment is 100% natural and is also hypoallergenic. It’s blended with hemp extract and other natural moisturizers.
What We Don’t Like About Walgreens CBD Oil Review
- CBD Unlimited Topical Balm-X was somewhat greasy.
- CBD Unlimited Mist-X Spray contains isopropyl alcohol.
- CBDMEDIC Back & Neck Pain Relief Ointment sometimes causes a burning sensation.
CBD Unlimited Topical Balm-X
- Relieves pain
- Softens skin
- Easy to rub in
- Contains quality inactive ingredients
- Can be greasy
- Was ineffective on certain types of pain
CBD Unlimited Mist-X Spray
- Works for knee pain
- Helps with stiffness
- Does not have a bad odor
- Convenient to take with you
- Contains isopropyl alcohol, which can sometimes cause drying and cracking of the skin
- Not much product in a bottle
CBDMEDIC Back & Neck Pain Relief Ointment
- A little goes a long way
- Hypoallergenic and all-natural
- Keeps your skin soft and hydrated
- Can cause a burning sensation
Neither the CBD Unlimited Balm-X, the Mist-X Spray, nor the CBDMEDIC Back & Neck Pain Relief Ointment comes with many extras in the package. You can purchase the balm in 2.02-ounce containers, the spray in a one fluid ounce bottle, and the ointment in a 1.4-ounce tube.
- The CBD Unlimited Balm-X contains 1000mg premium hemp isolate and 1.25% menthol.
- The CBD Unlimited Mist-X Spray contains 500mg hemp isolate, 5% menthol, and 3.25% camphor.
- The CBDMEDIC Back & Neck Pain Relief Ointment contains 200mg CBD hemp extract, 10% camphor, and 15% menthol.
- For comparison, the balm contains premium hemp isolate but only 1.25% menthol. The spray contains regular hemp isolate but has more menthol and also has camphor, both of which are topical analgesics. The ointment only weighs in at 200mg of hemp but has very high percentages of menthol and camphor. You can choose according to which ingredients work best for you.
The three products discussed in today’s Walgreens CBD oil review, the CBD Unlimited Balm-X; the CBD Unlimited Mist-X; and the CBDMEDIC Back & Neck Pain Relief Ointment, all have their strengths and weaknesses. The different application methods and the difference in ingredients make them versatile enough to suit everyone’s needs and preferences.
You May Also Like: CBD Oil and Pain Relief: A Guide to How CBD Helps With Pain
Q. Are these products available at all Walgreens stores?
A. Although CBD is federally legal now, some states still ban it. Still, others have specific regulations that govern CBD sales. For these reasons, CBD products may not be available at your local Walgreens store.
Q. Why is Walgreens offering CBD products?
A. Walgreens wants to provide a wider range of accessible health products which best meet the needs of their customers.
Q. What is the difference between balm and ointment?
A. These terms are sometimes used interchangeably. The biggest difference is in the way that they are made.
Q. Will CBD products alter my state of mind?
A. THC is the psychoactive compound found in cannabis. None of these CBD products contain THC, so using them will not alter your state of mind.
Q. What is CBD?
A. It’s a cannabinol that is derived from hemp. It comes from the marijuana plant but does not contain any THC. It has properties that help with certain ailments including anxiety, depression, skin conditions, and chronic pain.
Q. How does CBD work?
A. Cannabinoids bind to cannabinoid receptors in the body. Some of these receptors are located in the brain and are believed to control different functions such as sleep, mood, and pain. It’s believed that the CBD works by altering brain pathways linked to symptoms.